Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This Place Is a Zoo mini book

I did this mini book in July using the cutest line from K & Company called Actopus to Zelephant. What an adorable line, it truly has it all from paper, stickers, and animal flashcards, to the cutest little mix and match album that reminds me of books I had as a child where you can mix up the animals. The zoo we went to was The Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse, New York what a beautiful place. The kids loved it and there were so many animals to see! This book was easy and fun to make. I am a traditional scrapper and do everything by hand and don't really have a style per se. I love so many different styles and techniques so I scrap from my heart to preserve precious memories. I just like to share and am always up for trying new products or ideas!!! I always keep handy my Heidi Swapp edge distresser and Tim Holtz ink to give that vintage look. I try to stay up to date with the latest trends and tools but at heart will always have some old school scrapbooking in me. Still love paper stacks and little Prima Flowers but so addicted to bingo cards and vintage ephemera. Its amazing what things you can incorporate into your pages and projects by just looking around your house or the grocery store or even the dollar store. In these tough financial times you have to stretch your scrap dollar and sometimes you have to get creative instead of purchasing that package of embellishments for seven dollars. Some of my best ideas can come out of that sacrifice, but I always seem to find a way to splurge on the companies and products that I love by cutting corners with other must haves. Whats a girl to do, right? Lol...hope to have a nice pool day, today its gorgeous right now in Upstate New York!














No comments:

Post a Comment